When you accidentally long hold the home button, it launches the Google assistant which is irritating especially when you didn’t want to launch it. There is no doubt in the fact that Google Assistant is being helpful to the users as it has made the lie easier a lot. Google Assistant is available on the smartphones and Android phones as well. With each day, Google is trying its best to add new features to the Assistant. Many people use Google Assistant as OK Google which is used to search for maps or application, call someone, use voice search to browse something automatically without having to tap!
You can easily press the hold button to switch it on and ask for the assistance from Google. But sometimes, it can get irritating because if you accidentally touch the home screen for too long, it won’t go back. In such scenarios, everyone wants to switch it off and if you want the same thing, you have come to the right. We are saying this because we have added an article on How To Permanently Turn Off Google Assistant in a few simple steps. So, have a look!
How To Permanently Turn Off Google Assistant
The Google Assistant is automatically turned on whenever you download the Google Application. Now, there are two things that you can which include;
- turn off the Google Assistant
- Delete the Google Assistant
However, if you delete the Google Assistant, it can cause some issues so, it is better to just turn it off. Below, we have mentioned three different methods which will ensure that you turn off the Google Assistant without any hassle. So, let’s see what we have in the house for you!
How To Completely Remove Google Assistant
In this section, we have added all the guidelines in simple steps which will ease the whole procedure. So have a look to help yourself!
- In the first step, open the Google application and open the menu by clicking on the three horizontal lines from the top right corner
- Scroll through the menu and look out for the OK Google settings and find the “Google Assistant” section
- When you click on the “Google Assistant”, click on the phone under the assistant tan or switch off the Google voice
How To Deactivate The Google Assistant Support Button
If you are the person who doesn’t like switching off the Google Assistant permanently, we have a solution which will help you out. In the case of Android phones and the smartphones, the default button is the home button but you easily change it through the guidelines that we have mentioned. You can easily take care of that through the settings and with the help of our step-by-step guideline;
- In the first step, just go the mobile settings and look for the app
- Once you find it, click on the app logo to launch a new window which will open the complete list of applications that you have on your phone
- Look at the top right corner and you will see the three dots which will open the drop-down menu
- Then, look out for the default application, click on it, and find the Device Assistant app
- Now, scroll down and open the app
- Press the home button and you will be asked if you agree or disagree and click on the “agree” button
- If you want, you can also choose the “none” option as it will make sure that no application will open when you click the home button
How To Uninstall Google Assistant Updates
This method will require you to keep track of your action because it is a little tricky one and if you don’t pay attention, you might end up losing the important and essential updates. The Google Assistant was added recently. This means that if you delete the recent update, you will be able to get rid of Google Assistant, so, just delete the update! If you do not know how to uninstall the Google Assistant, let us help you with it;
- In the first step, go to the android settings and find the App
- Then, search for the Google and click on it
- Now, click on the three dots at the top right corner
- Then, you will see the “uninstall updates” and click on it to delete the updates
How To Delete Google Assistant on iPhone
This section is especially for the iPhone users who want to get rid of the Google Assistant. So, have a look at the steps to guide you;
- Open the settings from your phone and search for the “Google Assistant”
- Look for the microphone and slide it to disable the Google Assistant
This was all about How To Permanently Turn Off Google Assistant and we hope that it helped you. If you want more help, comment down below and we will be here to help. If you liked the article, share it with your friends and family and help us grow. Thank you!